A personal training credential prepares someone to train the ‘average’ human. But who is that? According to my certification agency, it’s not pregnant or postpartum people. We’re given a couple of pages out of 800 in the ‘special populations’ chapter of the textbook. But women are half of the population. 85% of women will be pregnant at some point in their lifetime and pregnant and postpartum people have very specific considerations. So is that good enough? No way.
If you’re pregnant or postpartum, you deserve something better.
Over the last two years, I’ve channeled my passion to become the coach that I needed when I was pregnant and postpartum.
Here are the things that set me apart:
1. There’s nothing like first hand experience. I’ve been where you are and I am here to support you through the ups and downs of pregnancy and postpartum. Pep talks, commiseration and celebration come free of charge:) I’m even a birth doula, so I can be there on the big day if that is a thing you want!
2. Training. I’ve sought out the best in pre/postnatal education so that I can share it with you. I have put in hundreds of hours of continuing education to boost my knowledge and skills so I can effectively and safely work with you during this chapter.
3. There’s no such thing as TMI. My knowledge of working with pregnant and postpartum people goes far beyond fitness programming and extends deep into the realm of managing core and pelvic floor health. I am very comfortable talking to you about your health concerns or communicating with your doctor, midwife or PT to help manage your specific concern.
4. I’ll tell you when I don’t know. I have access to a fantastic network of birth pros and pelvic health experts. When I don’t know the answer or when your question is outside my scope of practice, I’ll tap my network and connect you to an appropriate person who is qualified to help.
5. I WANT to work myself out of a job. I want to help keep you fit and healthy during pregnancy and after you deliver, I want to help bridge your transition from rehab back to your sport, your fitness routine, or group class as quickly and safely as I can.
I’m currently offering virtual consultations and online personal training. Contact me through my website if you have any questions or would like to set virtual meet-and-greet to discuss your goals!
Learn how to dial in your breathing strategy to harness control of your pelvic floor and feel stronger in your workouts. Download a copy of The No B.S. Guide to Breathing for a STRONG Pregnancy and Postpartum.
My mission is to make sure that having a baby is not a reason why you can’t do all the things.
Contact me if you have questions about exercise or pelvic health pertaining to pregnancy or postpartum. I work with people locally (Seattle’s Eastside: Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland and surrounding areas) and online to develop personalized pregnancy and postpartum personal training plans. I also offer labor support (doula services) within the greater Seattle-Metro Area.